Boy Scout Troop 145 is chartered by St. Paul United Methodist Men at St. Paul UMC in Christiansburg, Virginia.  We meet in the Activity Building on Monday evenings, 7pm.

Mr. Gary Graham is the Scoutmaster of Troop 145. With a full state of Assistant Scoutmasters and a host of volunteer committee members, merit badge counselors, and strong parents, they provide training and direction as the boys themselves run the troop.

Troop 145 is in the Boy Scouts of America New River District of the Blue Ridge Mountains Council. 30 minutes to the north is our council headquarters, while 30 minutes to the south is the largest scout owned reservation east of the Mississippi.

Troop 145 was created in 1941 in Radford, VA.  This troop moved to another Radford church before becoming a part of St. Paul United Methodist Church from 1965 to 1987 before it dissolved.  

Troop 42 started in Christiansburg, Virginia in 1950 and moved to Cambria Baptist Church before a hiatis.  In 2005, Mr. Gary Brumfield, longtime member of Trinity Baptist Church, and Mr. Jack Atkins, both former scouts of the original troop at Cambria Baptist Church, transferred and restarted the Troop with twelve boys. The mission is to equip young men with the skills and qualities needed to reach Eagle Scout.

When Trinity Community Church decided to step away from Boy Scouting program, the St. Paul United Methodist Men graciously adopted the Boy Scouts and their leaders on August 1, 2017.  ASM Gary Graham, Henry Bass, Russell  Williams, Bobby Burleson and Matt Knost helped broker the deal to continue the BSA programming to help young men become productive citizens.  In this transfer to join the current Cub Scout Pack 145 (started in 1966) at St. Paul UMC, Troop 42 became Troop 145. Along with the troop, Venture Crew 42 became Crew 145 as well. 

Troop 145 will continue to grow each year with monthly campouts, hikes or activities, summer camp at Blue Ridge Scout Reservation, and weekly meetings of the patrols and troop.

St. Paul United Methodist Church is located at 220 West Main Street in downtown Christiansburg.  

St. Paul UMC has been part of Christiansburg since the first church was constructed in 1826. The congregation has grown over the years and has required moving several times. The current building on West Main Street is the fourth church, and was completed in 1962. It is easy to find, and is in a great place to be able to meet your spiritual needs.

St. Paul's pastors, staff and church members, work together to bring the Word of God to Christiansburg in a relevant and real way.

The mission of our charter organization, the United Methodist Men, is to reach out to those within the community, receive them as they are, relate them to God, nurture and equip them, and send them back into the community in order to make the community a more loving and just place in which to live. With that in mind, the UMM established an Office of Scouting Ministries.  The UMM like how the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) emphasizes strong personal values, character, self-worth and usefulness, caring relationships, a desire to learn and productive and creative use of time.

 

If you are a current Webelos or brand new to Boy Scouting, please stop by for a visit! Please visit www.BeAScout.org regarding all Boy Scouts of America programs.